Purple Belt Promotion Requirements
Know all previous belt requirements plus:
Must be able to work without supervision
1.Explain the what and why of katas.
2. Name all the kata through brown belt.
3. Name at least 4 kicking techniques.
4. Name at least 5 hand techniques.
5. Name at least 5 blocking techniques
Isshinryu began on January 15, 1956 according to Master Tatsuo Shimabuku. Master
Shimabuku was the head of Isshinryu until his death May 30, 1975
Kata:Seisan, Seiuchin, Nahanchie, and Wansu
1. Must be able to perform the hand chart (Te Wazas) and the kicking chart (Geri
Wazas). With good form! The charts do not have to be memorized.
1. Show an improved ability to kumite.
2. Complete required breaks.
All previous techniques with a counter attack added. Plus wrist grab -counter
grab with seiken. Show some knowledge of pressure point escapes.
To be determined by Sensei Children do not break Concrete or Haydite