In 1981,We were told by Master Kichiro
Shimabuku that the first 7 drills on each of these charts
were his Fathers Tatsuo Shimabuku's and that Master Kichiro
had added the last 8 drills to each chart. We have seen
different variations of these drills, This is the way they
were presented to us at that time. Master Kichiro also said
at that time that #7 the Squat kick was Tatsuo's favorite
kick. Thinking about that! It is in his personal Kata Sunsu.
Hand Charts (Te Waza)
Start at the ready position.
Return to ready position after each technique. Each
technique done to the right is also done on the opposite
side. This applies to both the hand and foot charts. Example
after doing #1 Right foot forward then right punch to chest.
Repeat the dill by stepping Left foot forward and punching
left hand to chest. Each drill is often done with 10 counts
for each hand or foot technique.
Right foot forward, right punch to chest
2. Right foot forward, right uppercut to
3. Left foot forward, right punch to
4. Left foot forward, right uppercut to
5. Right foot back, left hand leg block,
right punch to chest
6. Right foot back, left hand chest block,
right punch to chest
7. Right foot back, left hand open (shuto)
block, right spearhand to upper abdomen
8. Right foot back, left hand head block,
right uppercut to chin.
9. Right foot back, left hand (low
45 degree) head block, right punch to chest.
10. Right foot back, left hand
backfist, right hand punch to
11. Left foot forward, left hand leg block, 5
12. Left foot forward, left hand chest block, 5
13. Left foot forward, left hand edge shuto block,
right hand shuto down at 45 degree angle.
14. Left foot forward, left hand palm block, two low
roundhouse punches very close in (Right then left)
15. Right foot back “Cat Stance,” hip thrusts to rear
right elbow strike to rear: Left arm clears to the front &
ends in a position similar to a low head block.
Leg Charts (Geri Waza)
Left foot forward, Front snap kick (Migi Mae Keage
Step left 45 angle, Right side thrust kick 45 degree
angle to the right. (Migi Yoko Kekomi geri)
Left foot forward, Body to the front. Right side snap
kick armpit high. (Yoko Keage Geri)
Left foot forward, Body front Cross body stamping
kick (Fumikomi geri)
Left foot forward, Body front side thrust kick (Yoko
Walking forward, continuous front snap kicks. (Mae
Squat kicks, Step left lunge position, body 45 degree
angle to mat kick a Migi Keage Geri on a 45 degree angle to
the mat. Targeted groin high at the center line of starting
Left foot forward, Right front thrust kick striking
with heel. (Migi Mae Kekomi Geri )
Done from Seiuchin Dachi, Stepping to the side Back
kick to the side. Migi Ushiro Geri
Left foot forward, Right roundhouse kick to the
front. (Migi Mae Mawashi Geri)
Jumping kick (Tobi Mae Keage Geri) Right foot
forward, Bring left knee up as you jump then kick right.
Left foot forward Right thrust to stomach with tops
of toes. (Tsuma Saki)
Left foot forward Right knee (Migi Hiza Geri)
Left foot forward, Roundhouse kick followed by a side
thrust kick, both to the front. (Migi Mawashi Geri Foot to
ground then Migi yoko Kekomi Geri.
15. Done from Seiuchin Dachi to the side, hooking heel kick
(Migi Kake Kakato Geri)